Pedifiles and the Catholic Church
thinkingblue says: If anyone can put a pen to the Catholic Church leaders’ (especially the Pope) atrocious oath of silence, to not expose the (PEDOPHILIA) scourge, and in unequivocal language that leaves no latitude for rebuttal, John Cory can. In this article (below) he tells the side of the victim; the young children who had no authority to go to, no protector to save them and no voice to tell about the silent suffering they had to tolerate during the dark minutes, hours, days of torment they endured while in their early years of life… (in HELL!)
Hell is a place, that the very institute of which their parents had thrust them into, to learn how to stay out of, when their lives on Earth had ceased (Catholic Belief System). Please read his words they will cause you to feel the pain of the victims, not the so called excuses from the perpetrators. The sorrow of this story is intense beyond words!
Pope Benedict XVI attends Palm Sunday Mass at the Vatican, 03/28/10. (photo: Getty Images)
A Personal Issue, The Catholic Church Scandal
By John Cory, Reader Supported News
28 March 2010
My views on child abuse and child molestation are harsh and unforgiving and forged by the fires of my own childhood. I give no quarter on this issue.
I have no kind words or forgiving thoughts for the Catholic hierarchy or their enablers, which brings me to Bill Donohue’s article on the CNN Opinion web site. You can read what he says here but I’ll give you my version:
Child abuse and molestation is bad but this stuff happened a long time ago and times were different then and besides everyone does it including churches, schools, businesses and even the Jews. This is all about picking on the Catholic Church for headlines.
Mr. Donohue – you are performing a cheap parlor trick of turning the Catholic Church into the victim here and frankly, it is disgusting. The victims are at the center of this issue, not you and your Catholic ego.
This is not an attack on the Catholic Church. It is about holding the men accountable who lead the Church. And that includes the Pope.
In the wonderful novel “The Kite Runner” by Khaled Hosseini, Baba tells his son Amir: “There is only one sin and that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft… When you kill a man, you steal a life. When you tell a lie, you steal someone’s right to the truth.”
Men, not God, not Church, stole innocence and trust, privacy and possession of one’s body and spirit. Can there be a more heinous crime?
While you dress your Cardinals and Pope in fine linens and moral rectitude, the molested cover themselves in revulsion and self-loathing believing they did something to cause this crime.
While you parade about with burning incense and wafers of contrition the raped and battered wander in doubt and confusion as to how God let this happen.
While you sprinkle the Water of Oblivion and chant sacred liturgies the true victims suffer the holy trinity of abuse, alienation and abandonment.
How dare you cloak the Church in victimhood.
Should the deaf children thank God that they were not able to hear their rapist’s grunts and gasps of pleasure at defilement?
Should the molested thank God that they eventually became old enough to no longer be attractive to priests? Or should they have prayed for faster transfers?
Should the abused take comfort in the knowledge that it was only a few “bad apples” in the Church and they were just “unfortunate” to be among the chosen prey?
What you defend is not the Church but the silence of power, the sin of willful ignorance and the sin of omission by those who turned a blind eye to the torture and horror at the hands of God’s devoted servants.
What you defend is the murder of the soul.
The first day of abuse becomes an eternity of pain and despair and night becomes a never-ending reel that assaults the senses. The smell and feel of sin forever burned into the brain haunting the heart and soul.
I don’t know how to explain this horror in a way to make you understand.
I can tell you that abuse smells like Old Spice and Vaseline Hair Tonic wafting in the air with each blow. I can tell you that abuse tastes like oatmeal on a dishrag in my mouth to keep me from screaming. I can tell you that abuse burns like a tub of scalding water boiling away my sins and it stings like the slice of a knife to bleed out that evil blood inside of me. I can tell you that the sound of abuse is an icy echo: I’m only doing this because I love you. If you were good, you wouldn’t make me do this.
There is not a bonfire in Hell big enough for the souls of these people to burn in as far as I am concerned. And the statute of limitations should match the term of punishment and damnation – eternity.
The perpetrators stole innocence and purity, trust and love, and beautiful childhood souls like they were nothing more than trinkets of idol pleasure.
But the greatest theft came from the Cardinals and Bishops and authorities. They stole in silence just like a thief in the night. They were soundless accomplices to the murder of souls.
They stole truth from those who needed its protection most. They stole the right to be heard and to be believed. They stole love and hope and the sanctity of the church.
They stole God.
To defend any of this is to steal the last vestige of dignity and honor and justice from those who deserve it most.
There is only one sin and that is theft.
Thou shalt not steal.
I found this next article while searching this subject on the Internet. It is so good, I am printing it here in its entirety. thinkingblue
PEDOPHILES ARE ADULTS WHO PREFER CHILD SEXUAL PARTNERS. Pedophiles, who prefer child sexual partners within their own family, are said to be “INCESTUOUS”. From the Compton’s Encyclopedia: Pedophilia is the sexual abuse of children which often involves parents, siblings, or other family members in forbidden relationships–children are exposed to sensations and practices that they are not quite mature enough to understand. The types of abuse may range from fondling to rape, and kidnap victims are often molested before they are killed. Others may be the objects of pedophiles (adults who prefer child partners). Sexually abused children who try to break the pattern by running away may be lured into street crime or exploited in child prostitution and pornography rings. I believe publications) make light of this horrible, tragic, deviant sexual practice. Such attitudes are as if Pedophilia is so horrible, that it should be “swept under the rug” or better yet, not spoken about. Such is the power of important sexual deviants (high in church and political circles), as to make the subject taboo to the general public.There should always be grave concern about Pedophiles in our Society because it destroys the innocence of children; thereby negatively affecting their lives and of those of many other innocent people. I have written this paper in the hope of alerting more people to the problem, and its ramifications. Perhaps by opening a dialogue (blog- if you like) we may together find ways to help stem this cancer in our society and morality. Just who are Pedophiles?
1.PEDOPHILES are men / women who have strong sexual inclination (lust) toward boys, or girls. They believe there is nothing wrong with their sexual inclinations, and see them as normal, and feel misunderstood by Society (sort of like druggies). I have come to believe they are born this way (hardwired for children), and cannot be dissuaded or changed by persuasion, or the love of God.
2.PEDOPHILES are young adults, adult, middle-aged and old men (and women). They exist in all races and walks of life, poor, rich, uneducated, highly educated – it makes no difference! More often than not, they are very intelligent and cunning. They truly are the moral “wolves” in society, and have been so since time immemorial. Pedophile Clerics are truly:“wolves in sheep’s clothing”
3. PEDOPHILES often seek jobs, or professions, that will put them in close contact with young children (a pool of victims), and a position of authority, to facilitate carrying out their perverse designs and sexual fantasies. They may, or may not act out such fantasies, but they have a “deviant” mentality and perverse sexual fantasies
4. PEDOPHILES of the worst kind are INCESTUOUS FATHERS AND MOTHERS, because they irreversibly damage the psyche of their victims within their own family, often for many generations yet to come, and usually destroy family unity. AS SUCH PEDOPHILES ARE DESTRUCTIVE OF THE FAMILY AS THE NUCLEUS OF OUR SOCIETY AT LARGE.
5. PREDATORY PEDOPHILES ARE SOMETIMES willing to kill their victims to protect their own freedom to satisfy their sexual fantasies again. Clearly, THEY ARE THE MOST DANGEROUS KIND, and should be identified, and removed from society as soon as possible.
6. PEDOPHILES cannot be dissuaded or persuaded to change their sexual inclinations by Psychiatric therapy or by counseling intervention. Not even for the love or fear of God! The problem is, they do not acknowledge being deviant, or damaging to their victims – even when their victims are babies! Pedophiles are full of fantasies in which they see themselves as Teachers and Masters for a new generation. Damn! Please excuse my indignation. One avenue that has been used is chemical castration (periodic injections through court action), or the use of Anti-Depressants such as Zoloft, and other (SSRIs) – by counseling persuasion, since they greatly reduce sexual urge (libido). Wish we had a drug like it to reduce the addictive cravings of druggies.
8. PEDOPHILES are often aided and abetted by the silence of family members and others who know of their actions/inclinations. In most cases of incest, the mother knows, and keeps silence. Considering the consequences of her silence toward the family, she is equally guilty. No one who “Knows” should be silent! A mother’s prime directive as a parent, is to protect her children; not the reputation of an incestuous father – that, is his responsibility.
VICTIMS OF PEDOPHILES
1. GIRLS WHO ARE VICTIMS OF INCEST beginning in childhood will frequently suffer from frigidity (inability to have pleasurable intimate sexual relations with men) resulting from deep-seated feelings of guilt related to sex. Such women feel they must “submit to sex in marriage; this normally has a chilling effect on marital relations, since the husband may misconstrue the wife’s attitude for lack of love, or dissatisfaction with his sexual performance. Left unrecognized, this problem often results in divorce, and eventual breakup of the family. The victim strangely, usually has no memory of the events, let alone the cause of her problems (she thinks it is all natural, and every child’s experience) until late in life; Then, she begins to experience troubling Flashbacks about her childhood and realizes, at first with apprehension; then with disgust, and finally with anger, that she was abused as a child for the sexual gratification of a grownup in her family. Frequently, feelings of guilt and low self-esteem ensue; this can and should be treated by counseling to help the victim internalize the fact that she was a child victim of a Perverse Pedophile (one who acts out his sexual fantasies), through no fault of her own. Psychotherapy or counseling are lengthy, expensive, and (unfortunately) infrequently successful.
2. BOYS OR GIRLS WHO ARE SEDUCED INTO SEX ACTS by a pedophile, also suffer feelings of guilt and low self-esteem that can be highly self-destructive. Such feelings, if left untreated, can lead to promiscuity, prostitution, drug abuse, self-abuse, and even suicide; Victims should be treated by counseling to help the victim internalize the fact that he or she was a child victim of a pedophile, through no fault of hers. The most important things a caring parent can do, is to recognize the signs/symptoms of sexual abuse, seek treatment, and expose the pedophile. The signs and symptoms of sexual abuse in children need exploration, but often include: moroseness (quietness), sadness, desires to be alone, lack of playfulness, and distrust of adults.
WHAT CAN/SHOULD SOCIETY DO?
1. RECOGNIZE THAT THIS PROBLEM and its implications/ramifications, deeply affects our life and Society at large; hence the need to look for ways to combat the problem.
2. EDUCATE PARENTS about Pedophilia and its consequences, and how to teach their children regarding “Nasty” people.
3. EXPLORE WAYS to help individual victims.
4. EXPLORE WAYS to identify pedophiles during the hiring-in process for “child vulnerable” positions such as: teachers, school bus drivers, Boy Scout leaders, Clergy, Summer Camp Leaders, Day Care Center Workers, etc. This could be done by “peter-meter” devices, or by observing reaction to naked child photos/art. Employers often require drug use tests legally, don’t they? It is time for preemptive action. Society cannot continue to allow “wolves/coyotes in the hen house”. The toll in destroyed lives is too high! I look forward to your constructive suggestions: legal, legislative (at different levels of government) important hiring places, etc. to fight this worldwide scourge on Society
P.S. I am not looking for excuses/apologies from Pedophiles. I know they see themselves in a special light: “Nobody loves children the way we do”…We thank God for that!